We’ve had a lot of visitors to TalentAnalytics.com in the past month from all over the world – 58 countries to be specific, which underscores the momentum around talent analytics globally. As an executive, when you read the phrase talent analytics you may be wondering:
- How exactly does talent analytics fit into the broader business analytics conversation?
- What does business intelligence, data warehouses, and analytics have to do with talent?
- Why would a company called Talent Analytics, Corp. attend data-centric events like IBM Information On Demand?
- What does Billy Beane have to do with talent analytics?
- Why did we talk about combining talent with core business data in a wildly popular Talent Analytics webinar in November?
- Why are the ‘people doing the work’ core to business performance‘?
- How are talent analytics different than other human capital data?
All great questions. Talent Analytics, Corp. sits at the confluence of two major business trends executives are seeking a better understanding of: the white hot field of business analytics and how derived insight about their talent impacts business performance.
Talent Analytics provides insight into the following types of questions:
- Are there quantifiable talent characteristics which correlate to greater sales, more orders processed, increased customer satisfaction, more effective virtual workers and more innovative engineers, etc?
Our Alliance Partners provide answer to these and many more questions from their clients through Talent Analytics’ analytics-driven technology designed for the business to solve critical talent challenges through a greater understanding of the people doing the work.
Talent + Outcomes = Greater Insight about your Organization
We are business people who are passionate about making the People Doing the Work (PDW) a core part of business strategy by providing executives with a rapidly delivered, high level understanding of how the way their organization conducts business and what they care about impacts business performance.
As Talent Analytics, Corp. CEO Greta Roberts recently said, “Our goal is to make people data a de facto standard, a strategic part & perhaps a mandatory dimension to all important business decisions.” In order to achieve this vision, we believe organizations need to combine data about their talent – the oft-repeated greatest organizational asset – with the rest of their mission critical data for a more holistic view of their organization that will enhance strategic decision making.
How can my organization combine talent analytics with business analytics we already collect?
We combine talent and business analytics by collecting and analyzing the talent data, then exporting it from our talent analytics platform Advisor directly into a data warehouse or other technology platform where it can then be viewed alongside performance, financial, customer and all other mission critical business data. In many business intelligence systems, talent data is silo’ed rather than combined with performance data for good reason – it’s historical, proxy data that yields limited strategic insights. Our goal is to bring the two data types together to give businesses unprecedented and strategic insights about their people.
Learn more about Alliance opportunities
We work with global technology vendors and professional service firms that collect business outcomes seeking to provide even greater value to their customers. To learn about our expanded Alliance opportunities that combine people doing the work data with business outcomes, get in touch.
Mike Kennedy is a Technical Evangelist at Talent Analytics, Corp. He can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org.