By Mike Kennedy, Technical Evangelist
Talent Analytics, Corp.
In recent years, businesses rushed to cut costs by outsourcing operations. This required difficult and disruptive lay-offs, in some cases “across the board”. Many executives feel outsourcing has provided a limited payoff, beginning a new dilemma of rehiring those replaced by outsourcing initiatives.
Current talent analytics technologies allow a fresh approach to this challenge. Instead of out-sourcing, talent analytics provide businesses with the option to re-source using quantitative evidence as a guide.
Re-sourcing is possible when business have quantitative data about what each employee wants and does best. As business initiatives change, talent analytics’ visualization allows business leaders to instantly look across their talent base for new talent aligned with new business objectives and perhaps re-source their talent teams from other non-obvious areas of the organization. By strategically (and intelligently) using talent analytics, high performance teams can be assembled from the existing talent population.
There are huge benefits to this approach including:
- organizations can save time and money it would otherwise need to train and manage outsourced staff
- less disruption to corporate talent base which leads to increased morale
- increased loyalty from employees and leaders who realize all is being done to re-purpose loyal employees whose characteristics in a particular role (where they are no longer a fit) could be an extraordinary fit in another part of the organization
- greater chance for there to be cultural fit
- less employees to lay off
To be sure, there are going to be times when the characteristics embodied by employees are no longer a fit anywhere in the organization and the only option is to move them out of the organization. But this will happen only after all options are exhausted.